The contents of SOx which normally present in the lead paste recovered from ULAB are the highly concern of lead processing industries & serious matter for environmental pollution board/authority. It has become more dangerous while this lead paste used in the smelting operation along with battery plates for the production of re-melted lead.
Considering this a big challenge for the lead processing industries, Gravita innovated the latest method of treating this SOx before its charging to smelting operation i.e. De-sulfurization process to reduce SOx contamination in the lead paste.
Gravita discovered a very common chemical i.e. Sodium Carbonate (Na2Co3) which plays an important role & act as a reacting agent during this desulfurization process to reduce the SOx (%) significance from the lead paste (recovered from ULAB) to a greater extinct i.e. less than 0.1 % which is quite low than the actual limit of SOx as per the Global environmental rules & regulations as well as this meets the bare minimum limit of EU & USA’s environmental regulations.
Synopsis of De-Sulfurization process:
- Lead paste desulphurization process is completely waste-free.
- Desulfurization process reduces sulfur contents to less than 0.1 % which normally presents more than 6% in lead paste (ULAB).
- Sodium carbonate as a reacting agent in this process is more economical in aspects of other processes of desulphurization.
- This method is more environmental friendly & creates almost negligible impact on the environment.
- This method leads to formation of byproduct (Sodium sulfate) & increases the revenue of the organization.
- Approximately 95 to 96 % reduction in sulfur contents from the charge material of smelting line which reduces formation of SOx.
- Approximately 15 to 18 % increment in smelting line production as % of slag will be reduced in this process.
- Approximate 8 to 10% energy saving during smelting operation due to reduction (100 to 150°C) in Rotary furnace temperature which will save energy loss.
- It reduces approx. 60 % less slag formation during smelting operation.
- Very cost effective production of Smelting line due to energy saving & less slag (%).
- Recovery of value added material i.e. Sodium sulfate as a by-product.